The mini-grant for refugee and immigrant artists offers $500 for artists for work on a specific project. One artist will be awarded the grant each month. The funds may be used for artist supplies, equipment, costumes or to pay for editing or other professional work.
– Preference will be given to refugee artists, full-time artists and to projects which are beyond the development stage.
– Applications will be received from the 1st to the 15th of each month. The artist awarded the grant will be notified on the 25th.
– ARTogether will pay out $500 by cheque to the artist awarded the grant. Artists will need to provide W9 forms before funds can be sent.
– If you have applied once and do not receive the grant that month, you do not need to apply again next month. We will consider all applications from all previous months each time we make a selection.
– Each artist may only receive the grant once.
– Artists must provide a follow-up to tell us how the money was spent and where the project has reached, 3 months after receiving the grant.
– Artists should be willing to share a story about their life and work, which ARTogether will use for social media, newsletters etc to promote this program. The artist can choose to share their name and identity, so we can promote their work, or to remain anonymous.
Applications will be open from the 1st to the 15th of each month.