Frequently Asked Questions
ARTogether offers community art programs, supports refugee and immigrant artists, and works to present a more authentic narrative of refugees to the public. Our mission is to provide art programs that foster compassionate communities where refugees and immigrants can flourish. You can learn more about ARTogether’s programs on our website and on our About ARTogether page.
ARTogether’s programs are designed to support refugees and immigrants in our community. Our programs welcome refugee, immigrant, Black, Indigenous, POC (people of color), LGBTQ+, and ally communities throughout the Bay Area. By principle, the majority of ARTogether’s programs available to all communities in the Bay Area and beyond, and works to build inclusive, dynamic communities without exclusion.
During COVID-19 and shelter-in-place ordinances, we are holding the majority of ARTogether’s programs and events online via Zoom and other online platforms. We are, though, holding some events in person at outdoor venues, mostly in Oakland and the East Bay, in settings in which we can follow clear guidelines to ensure the safety of our participants. (These safety standards follow strict CDC guidelines.) To find out more about our events, visit ARTogether’s Events Calendar or follow ARTogether on social media.
Not at all. We have many programs that reach out to communities of color, LGBTQ+ communities and allies of every color and background. Look at the description of each of our programs to see which events are open to the public, or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions about any of our programs.
Absolutely not! All of our public programs welcome first-generation and second-generation refugees and immigrants.
Absolutely! ARTogether recognizes all generations of refugees and immigrants in our public programs.
We work with artists from refugee, immigrant, and historically-marginalized communities. If you would like to connect with ARTogether, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reach out to you. If you would like to request support, you can fill out our Artist Intake form for support or to join our network of artists
ARTogether primarily supports refugee and immigrant artists and artists of color, particularly those financially impacted by COVID-19. Each artist is selected individually, and all interested artists are encouraged to reach out and apply. To send an application, fill out our Artist Intake form, or email us at email@example.com.
We offer a wide spectrum of support to artists. Some of the programs we offer include:
- Support for artists to complete their art projects. To apply for our Mini-Grant for Artist Supplies, eligible artists can apply for our mini-grant here.
- Workshops for artists, including workshops on grant-writing and creative storytelling. If you would like to find out about our upcoming workshops, visit our Events Calendar or follow us on social media to receive updates about our events.
- Art exhibitions and installations featuring artwork from our community of artists. (Currently suspended pending COVID-19 restrictions.)
- Our regularly-updated list of artist grants available for artists, art organizations and art projects.
- If you would like to apply to one of our programs, request grant support, or are interested in collaborating with ARTogether, you can contact the Program Manager of our Artist Support Program, Angeera Khadka, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can fill out our Artist Intake form.
ARTogether is made possible through the support of donors and allies of our community. If you would like to donate to ARTogether, visit our Donate page to make a one-time or recurring donation to support our efforts. We encourage supporters to make a $10 monthly donation to give us regular support to offer our programs. If you have art supplies or other items you would like to donate to ARTogether, email us at email@example.com to learn how to donate your items. All donations are tax deductible, and we offer receipts for all financial and item donations upon request.